Click here to know regarding the 1st Year Admission 2018 (BA, BSC & BCOM )
UG Admission & Counselling Schedule 2018-19
INTAKE CAPACITY OF DIFFERENT ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
||Geography(Arts & Science)
||Economics(Arts & Science)
RULES OF ADMISSION
Under Graduate Studies
Admission commences after the publication of the results of H.S. Examination. The students are to apply for admission in the prescribed form to be had from the college office on payment of Rs. 50/- within the dates fixed by the college. A student seeking admission must furnish original documents. Viz. Admit card, Marksheet. Pass certificate and character certificate from the Head of the Institution where he or she studied last.
Students willing to apply in the different stream ( Science, Arts,Commerce) must apply in separate application forms. A student seeking admission to both the Honours & General degree course must apply separately for either.
Eligibility criteria for admission in U.G. Courses
- Within three consecutive session from the date of passing the qualifying exam.
- To have passed in 5 (five) recognized subject including one language subject.
- For admission in Hons - 45% marks in the aggregate or 50% (except in English Hons marks) in the subject or related subject.
- For English Hons - Must have 50% marks in English
- In case of admission in Economics Honours & Accountancy Honours - 45% marks in Mathematics in Madhyamik level or to have passed in Mathematics at H.S. / Eqv. Level
- In case of admission in Physics Honours - Must have passed in Mathematics at H.S. / Eqv. Level.
- For admission in any lab based subject - Must have obtained requisite marks in the relevant subject in H.S. / Eqv. Level.
- Part – I Hons. Candidates desiring admission afresh in the 1st yr General course - admission allowed in General course in consequent year only at the cost in consequent year only at the cost of losing one chance.
- Part – II students who obtains 30% in Hons. Subjects but fails to obtain qualifying marks - Admission allowed in General course of 3rd yr after obtaining permission from V.U.
- Candidates having break of studies for more than three years are not eligible for admission.
- Admission is made strictly in order of merit, and all admissions are provisional. The college authorities will not be responsible for subsequent cancellation of admission due to suppression or false statement of facts by student at the time of admission. Student under no circumstances, will be admitted after the last date fixed by the University.
- A new student must fill up University Registration form within due date and pay registration fee. Students (Degree course) willing to apply for half/full free studentship must apply in the prescribed form to be had from the college office on payment of Rs. 5/- each within the date fixed by the college. The Academic session is from July to June. Reservation of seats – for S.C., S.T., P.H. as per Government rules.
Post Graduate Studies
Enhanced with a proper teaching methodology and academic planning right from its inception, the department has been able to move ahead leaving behind visible footprints of success and improvement. As the study of Bengali language and literature cannot be limited through the boundaries of the current curriculum, the department has endeavoured to provide the students with an overall knowledge of literary criticism, past and present. Frequent special lectures by faculties of other college – universities and eminent speakers are arranged along with interactive sessions so that the students are encouraged towards a sound creative speculation.
The application for admission is to be submitted to Vidyasagar University as per the University schedule and the admission process is maintained as per merit list of Vidyasagar University through counseling.
MIGRATING STUDENTS FROM OTHER UNIVERSITY OR BOARD
For such cases admission is always provisional and subject to the approval of the Vidyasagar University. Such students are always required to fulfill the conditions and pay fees of a sum of 100.00/- (one hundred) as per Vidyasagar University rules. Original Migration certificate from the Board/ University at the time of admission is required.
N.B. :- No candidate will be allowed to sit for the Final Examination if he/she fails to obtain registration certificate.