National Cadet Corps (NCC)
Enrollment in NCC: - The NCC Companies for both boys and girls of this college are under 25 BN NCC. Students intending to enroll their names for NCC, are required to apply in prescribed form on payment of Rs. 14/- only. Renewals of enrolment in subsequent years for NCC will be made on payment of Rs. 4/-only.
NCC Officer (Care Taker): Sri Uttam Das, M.A, Assistant Professor.
Contact No: 79084 32127
Incentives: The central and state govts. Have given a number of incentives to NCC cadets to compensate for the valuable time they spend in NCC training as given below :
Bonus marks / concession in Employment
Concession / Reservation in academic field
Cash award & prizes / medal / trophy
Many NCC cadets of this college holding “C” certificate have been granted commissions in the armed forces. Paramilitary forces like BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, and coast guard give weightage to the NCC cadets in recuritment as Officers & other rank. The companies like Reliance, TATA, SAHARA, BSNL etc are employing certs ‘B’ and ‘C’ holder in a big way.
NCC youth Exchange Programme: The NCC has a unique exchange programme with youth organization of many foreign countries like United Kingdom, Canada , Bangladesh , Bhutan , Maldives , Nepal , Singapore, Srilanka and Trinidad and Tobago etc selected cadets have the opportunity to travel abroad through this programme.
Impetus to sports Actiuties in NCC : NCC cadets who prove their merit in the NCC games and have potential to play at National and International levels are identified by SAI. They also bring medals by participating in Mavalanlat / Shooting championship and national shooting championship.
NCC cadet’s welfare society : – The NCC cadets sustaining temporary or permanent disability during NCC related activities are provided with financial relief and assistances as follows subject to fulfillment of terms and conditions laid down by the DG, NCC , New Delhi
Death Cases : Rs 2 lakh
Permanent disability : Upto Rs 2 lakh max depending on % of disability.
NCC Scholarship Schemes : – The NCC cadets are entitled to receive scholarship of Rs 3000/- Rs 5000/- per year on the basis of meritorious performances in their academic career as well as in NCC trg from the cadets welfare society of DG NCC and SAHARA
Other activities in NCC: –
- Providing relief to the persons affected in natural and other calamities
- Deployment of NCC cadets during general elections
- Holding national Integration camp with an objective to inculcate the spirit of unity in diversity of our country.
- Conducting expeditions to inculcate the spirit of adventure amongst the NCC cadets.
- Providing opportunity to study environment national heritage , historical places and people of different cultures and communities.
- Adventurous sports like para – sailing , para gliding , Hot – hit ballooning, advance and Basic mountaineering courses, trekking , rock – climbing etc
- Participating in programme like blood donation. AIDS preventation and aids control, Tree plantation etc
- Attending republic Day parade in Delhi as well as in Kolkata
- Organising cultural and sports competitions.
- Organising personality development programmes
- Arranging career counseling programme